Our personal injury lawyers in White Plains have represented numerous clients who have suffered injuries due to assaults in jurisdictions throughout Westchester County including Chappaqua. New Rochelle, Yonkers, Harrison. Mount Vernon, Tuckahoe, Port Chester, White Plains, Ossining and Peekskill and various New York State Courts, including the Bronx and Queens as well as Connecticut Courts like Stamford, Danbury, Norwalk and Westport.
Among the different types of assault cases our assault lawyers in White Plains and Stamford have handled include:
- Assaults in nightclubs;
- Domestic violence;
- Crime victims;
- Sexual assault.
Building owners can be found liable in New York State and Connecticut Courts for injuries suffered by people on their property due to an assault if:
- They fail to provide sufficient security;
- They fail to run proper background checks of employees or security personnel;
- They had prior notice of dangerous conditions (or dangerous people) and failed to take proper action.
Our Westchester County personal injury lawyers will aggressively pursue all available avenues to insure the greatest chance of recovery in your assault case including:
- Interviewing and obtaining statements from all potential witnesses;
- Obtaining copies of all police and accident reports;
- Obtaining copies of all surveillance videos in the area.
Be advised, however, that if you are the victim of an assault in Westchester County or New York City, the time period for acting may be extremely short. The statute of limitations (or ability to file suit in New York) for assault may be as short as one year in certain circumstances.
Moreover, if the person who assaulted you was a Government employee, a Notice of Claim must be filed within 90 days of the occurrence. Accordingly, if you have been the victim of an assault, contact our Connecticut and New York assault attorneys as soon as possible. The consultation is free and our attorneys are available 24/7 to assist you.